Relationships with Amazon are complex and there are also no silver bullets for solving all the challenges it presents. However, optimizing your Amazon sales across all titles and over time will have a long-term, powerful, cumulative effect. PCG helps and has been supporting a variety of publishers and Industry Associations in their quest to optimise their performance with Amazon.
PCG employs the below step by step approach in delivering our findings to publishers:
Step 1 – Audit. An audit of the publishers current Amazon approach by:
- Collecting appropriate information about the business.
- Defining their business objectives.
- Defining their project objectives and what success criteria would be applied.
- Supporting gap analysis to establish any areas that required further investigation.
- Understanding their distribution partnership.
Step 2 – Methodology. The provision of a structured response to the publisher centred around 5 distinct areas of review with Amazon:
- Brand Analytics – we conduct a thorough analysis of all reports provided by Amazon to the publisher.
- Metadata – we conduct a detailed look at current metadata practices, including category and keyword use and creation.
- Product Pages – we analyse the quality of the publisher’s product pages.
- Merchandising – we identify what free in-store merchandising opportunities and appropriate tactics for the publisher’s content are available.
- Advertising – we consider strategies for the use of paid in-store promotion and sponsored advertising.
Step 3 – Deliverables. PCG’s solutions are presented to the publisher and include a:
- Full audit and analysis of their recent Amazon performance.
- Competitive analysis of their titles on Amazon and how to turn findings to their advantage.
- Guide as to how Amazon’s sales funnel and algorithms are impacting their performance.
- Plan to implement simple improvements to product pages and metadata with available tools.
- Set of recommendations on how to report Amazon data and how to use it to test and measure performance.
- Set of recommendations for improvements to the management of inventory and supply chain.
- Set of recommendations on the appropriate strategic and tactical use of promotions and advertising.
Step 4 – Ongoing Advice. We provide ongoing help and support at the request of clients, please see outsourced services and our case study here.