IP Licensing & Author Services
Manage and empower your authors to maximise their full marketing potential, build their platform and profile and help you sell more books.
We’ll work with you to understand the needs of your author cohort, your business priorities and how we can help you improve and escalate your author offer.
- Product development, packaging and positioning
We’ll work with you and your authors to help you research, develop, package and position the right product for your target market and audience.
- Author liaison and support
As a single point of contact, our author managers are on-hand to provide the day-to-day strategy and support your authors need throughout the commissioning, writing, production and publication period.
- Author marketing strategy
We can work with you and your authors to strategise and build marketing activity that will build on and leverage your author’s profile and platform, complement your own marketing campaigns and elevate the awareness and sales of your books.
International Sales and Licensing
- Consultancy – 1:2:1 with authors or publishers advising on how to maximize value of IP by expanding market reach via export, versioning, and derivative and translation licensing
- Strategic – project-based agreement where systems and processes are designed for author or publisher to establish their own internal licensing team
- Representation – As work for hire, licensing and international distribution is managed directly by PCG team, (represent at international book fairs, travel to meet with international distributors and identified strategic partners to craft models of strategic cooperation), issue licensing and distribution agreements, chase income and report to author or publisher as requested.
US Market Development
- Consultancy – 1:2:1 with authors or publishers on how to maximize the exploitation of the US book market
- Strategic – project-based work to craft a play book on steps necessary to exploit various US book channels including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, corporate education, trade and big box channels, with particular focus on marketing, social media, and use of independent reps and US strategic partners
- Representation – As work for hire, utilize US-based sales and marketing team in order to arrange US import and distribution, sales and marketing initiatives including b2b sales, e-commerce fulfillment, conference representation, custom publishing, bookstore relations, etc